I don’t think I’ve ever spelled Rutabaga correctly before. Thank God for spell check.
I first tried Rutabaga Fries a few weeks ago. I mean they aren’t real french fries, but they’re definitely a great low carb substitute.
I’ve also tried jicama fries. I like them both. I think I like Rutabaga fries better because they’re a little cheaper than rutabagas. Just my preference!
Let’s dive in! I’ve adapted my recipe from this recipe from food.com.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees
- Peel and cut the Rutabagas like you would a potato
- Place cut rutabagas into a bowl and coat with olive oil
- Line baking sheets with foil
- Line up the rutabagas in a single layer and season fries with your choice of seasonings. I mixed sea salt and Mrs. Dash herb + garlic and then sprinkled it over the fries.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
- E N J O Y.
(This was Luke’s plate from our lunch. He’s not following Ideal Protein so he got to eat sweet potatoes… hah!)
Let me know if you try them! – JJ