Today I wanted to share a recipe with you that I recently tried and LOVED. Don’t you just love it when a random recipe you find on Pinterest turns out to be really good? This is one of those recipes.
My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me over Pinterest and I’m so glad that she did! The chicken and vegetables are covered with this sweet mustardy (but not too mustardy) glaze giving it the perfect tangy flavor. It really amps up the chicken breast!
This was also really simple to make! The original recipe from the Andover Diet Clinic can be found here. This is my version of the recipe.
6 Thin Chicken Breasts
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 cups broccoli, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Pat the chicken with paper towels or a dish towel and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes until the skin is beginning to turn a light golden color. (If your chicken breasts are thick, let them go 30-40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the Walden Farms Pancake Syrup, mustards, salt, and pepper. Brush this mixture over the entire chicken, leaving 1-2 Tbsp of the mustard mix for the vegetables.
- Put the coated chicken back in the oven and roast for another 20-25 minutes or until the juices run clear if you pierce the chicken.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and let it rest while you cook the vegetables.
- Place the chopped broccoli and in a bowl and stir in the last few spoonfuls of the mustard mixture. Roast for another 15 minutes.
- Place on top of the vegetable mixture.
- Put back into the oven for 10-15 minutes until the veggies are tender and the chicken is hot. ENJOY!
You can add in any other IP approved vegetable along with the broccoli, just adjust the roasting time.
Hope you like it as much as we did! – JJ
*the picture above is from the Andover Diet Center’s website. I didn’t take a pic of my version.